Saturday, November 8, 2008

Afterthoughts on the election

I have a free moment as I sit in a bus going uptown. I know it's been some time since I've blogged- it's just that the film development and production work has been eating at my time.

What's been going on? It's hard to do a recap! Every day with MS is an adventure. I guess I had the first really good sleeep recently. The morning after Obama was elected.

A recap of that night- went to see the election results happening in Tribeca with some of my friends.. Absolutely magical. Returning home In a cab, everyone was out yellng, '"Yes, we can!" crossing by St. Marks up first avenue, there was no room for traffic beecause young people filled the streets. As I drove by, slowly, hands slammed the top of the cab and high-fived me, yelling, "Obama!"

I've been doing some things pre-election. Here's an email I sent out a few weeks ago:

Dear all,

In connection with Barak Obama's campaign website, I had a video made on me by their media team. As you may already know, I have had multiple sclerosis for four years now. After my return to New York after graduate school, I found difficult times wading through the poor state of the American health care system, which prevents coverage to over 50 million Americans. With the number of uninsured Americans at an all-time high, Barak Obama's health care policies are a breath of fresh air to our current climate – and are very necessary.

You can view the video here:



And a write-up on healthcare and my video on Obama's site at:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/amandascott/gGxGFb

Thanks!

Jason

No comments: